Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com> on 2007/08/31 12:19:30 UTC

Not working with derby 10.3.1.4

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to derby 10.3.1.4 but I get strange error messages that I
didn't get with derby 10.2.2.0.

I use ibatis-2.3.0.677.

Any ideas?

Zsolt

com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.util.PersistenceException:
--- The error occurred in
com/intland/codebeamer/persistence/dao/sqlmap/UserDao.xml.
--- Check the createUser-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'hostName' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to get a data value of
type '<UNKNOWN>' from a data value of type 'VARCHAR'.
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeUpdate(Ge
neralStatement.java:91)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.insert(SqlMapExecutorDe
legate.java:447)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.insert(SqlMapSessionImpl.jav
a:82)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.insert(SqlMapClientImpl.java:
59)
	at
com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.util.SqlMapClientWrapper.insert(SqlMapCli
entWrapper.java:298)
	at
com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.dao.AbstractDao.create(AbstractDao.java:8
1)
	at
com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.dao.impl.UserDaoImpl.create(UserDaoImpl.j
ava:81)
	at
com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.test.WorkingSetItemDaoTests.prepareDummy(
WorkingSetItemDaoTests.java:72)
	at
com.intland.codebeamer.persistence.test.WorkingSetItemDaoTests.testCrud(Work
ingSetItemDaoTests.java:32)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at
org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare(ConditionalTestCase.jav
a:69)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3T
estReference.java:130)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:3
8)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:460)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:673)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.
java:386)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner
.java:196)
Caused by: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
--- The error occurred in
com/intland/codebeamer/persistence/dao/sqlmap/UserDao.xml.
--- Check the createUser-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'hostName' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to get a data value of
type '<UNKNOWN>' from a data value of type 'VARCHAR'.
	... 26 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to get a data value of
type '<UNKNOWN>' from a data value of type 'VARCHAR'.
	at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.setNull(Unknown
Source)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.logging.PreparedStatementLogProxy.invoke(PreparedStat
ementLogProxy.java:70)
	at $Proxy1.setNull(Unknown Source)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.parameter.BasicParameterMap.setParameter(Ba
sicParameterMap.java:171)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.parameter.BasicParameterMap.setParameters(B
asicParameterMap.java:125)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.executeUpdate(SqlExecutor.jav
a:79)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.sqlExecuteUpdate
(GeneralStatement.java:200)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeUpdate(Ge
neralStatement.java:78)
	... 25 more
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: An attempt was made to
get a data value of type '<UNKNOWN>' from a data value of type 'VARCHAR'.
	at
org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement$PossibleTypes.throw22005Excepti
on(Unknown Source)
	... 37 more

Zsolt

Re: PaginatedList

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey John,

skip and max do not need to be passed to your <select>. These values are
used when iBATIS is traversing the resultset that is returned from the
database. For example, you query the database and it has 300 potential
records returned in the resultset. If skip is set to 50 and max is set to
100, iBATIS will begin at record 50 and map the next 100 records into your
resultClass/resultMap defined objects.

Brandon

Re: PaginatedList

Posted by John Chien <jo...@ncmail.net>.
Brandon:

Re: PaginatedList

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
[...]

*Parameters:*id - The name of the statement to execute.skip - The number of
results to ignore.max - The maximum number of results to return. *Returns:*A
List of result objects. *Throws:* java.sql.SQLException - If an error

PaginatedList

Re: Not working with derby 10.3.1.4

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Hm, OK..is the hostName property null? Some JDBC drivers gag on that,
and you have to provide a database type - like this:
#hostName:VARCHAR# - try that, and see if it makes it happy.

Larry

Posted by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com>.

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com>.