Posted to users@ws.apache.org by "Stern, Chuck" <cs...@safenetconsulting.com> on 2002/05/29 20:44:27 UTC

RPC & JDOM

Hi,

Has anyone ever done anything with JDOM and xml-rpc.  I have a
XmlRpcClient that returns a large result that I would like to use JDOM
to traverse.  Has anyone done this or figured out a way to transfer the
xml-rpc results into a JDOM document?

TIA,
Chuck

Re: RPC & JDOM

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
Your XML will be either a String or a byte array (the latter if you send it
Base64 encoded).

If it's a String just wrap it in a StringReader, if a byte array wrap it in
a BytaArrayInputStream. The you can call the build() method on your
SAXBuilder instance with this as a parameter.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk

Re: RPC & JDOM