Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sébastien Letélié <sl...@improve.fr> on 2005/04/01 14:46:55 UTC

Session replication : classcastexception on principal

Hi,

	I use a JAASRealm in my context with mys own LoginModule to
authenticate in mys webapp. When I use the cluster for session replication,
I have a ClassCastExecption when the cluster try to serialize the Principal
object.
	When I look in the source code
(org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaRequest.setPrincipal(), I see that
they are a cast for the specific catalina principal object :
GenericPrincipal.
	With a JAASRealm you don't use this object for principal, you
precise your own class (userClassName attribute).

	Is it a bug or is my authentication technic is not ok ?

   +
  / \ ----------------------------------------
improve Sébastien Letélié
/-----\ ----------------------------------------
 Consultant
Tel : 00 420 257 317 435
skype : sebmadecz
AOL : sebmade
ICQ : #336508634
MSN : sebmade@hotmail.com
<http://blogs.application-servers.com/blogs/page/sebmade> mon weblog,
articles et informations sur les nouvelles technologies
<http://www.resurgences.com> solution pour les Services d'Accès aux Urgences
hospitalières
<http://www.improve-institute.com> toutes vos formations J2EE et WebSphere
<http://www.application-servers.com> les brèves technologiques