Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sylu <ns...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/29 15:43:24 UTC

Non Http Response Messages

Hi,

I am running some jmeter tests and obtaining the results in the .CSV file.
The csv file shows some Non Http response codes as failures on some URLs in
the work flow. This is very inconsistent and appears on any of the URI at
any time. I am not able to make out the root cause of this. I am going
through the secure layers. I have suspected the keep alives and have no
longer enabled them in my jmeter script files, however these failures
persist.

The Jmeter logs just indicate either of the following messages when the non
- http response results.
1. java.io.IOException
2. Connection failed, giving up
3. Stop thread detected by thread Thread Group thread_group_name -
threadNumber

Can any one explain me what is a non http response and how can i eliminate
that. And what is an IO Exception in the jmeter perspective when i get a non
http response.

Thanks in advance for the help.
NS

Re: Regular Expression Extractor

Posted by Noam Paz <no...@db.com>.

Hello Dharani,
try to put the RE-Extractor as a child the request.

Best regards

Noam Paz

             DharaniLakshmi Govindan <ha...@yahoo.com>

             29.09.2005 23:03                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              To
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           cc
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Please respond to
                                                                                                                                                                                   "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Subject
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Regular Expression Extractor

Hi

This is the test plan I have:

Test Plan
      - Thread Group
              - Regular Expression Extractor 1
              - Regular Expression Extractor 2
              - Simple Controller
                      - Login HTTP Request
                      - Render HTTP Request
                      - Details HTTP Request
              - HTTP Request Defaults
              - View Results Tree
              - HTTP Cookie Manager

Problem:
I have extracted the value from the "Render HTTP
Request" and when I try to use it in the "Details HTTP
Request", it returns null.

Can someone help me with this. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Dharani

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Regular Expression Extractor

Re: Non Http Response Messages

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/09/05, Sylu <ns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running some jmeter tests and obtaining the results in the .CSV file.
> The csv file shows some Non Http response codes as failures on some URLs in
> the work flow. This is very inconsistent and appears on any of the URI at
> any time. I am not able to make out the root cause of this. I am going
> through the secure layers. I have suspected the keep alives and have no
> longer enabled them in my jmeter script files, however these failures
> persist.

Keep alive probably does not work with the default HTTPS implementation.

> The Jmeter logs just indicate either of the following messages when the non
> - http response results.

"non-HTTP response" means that an error has occured.
There is no HTTP response that can be extracted from the returned data
- there may indeed be no returned data.

This is different from an error such as 404, where the reply contains
HTTP data that can be parsed to extract the HTTP response.

> 1. java.io.IOException

Perhaps the remote server disconnected you.

> 2. Connection failed, giving up
> 3. Stop thread detected by thread Thread Group thread_group_name -
> threadNumber

That's presumably because you have set "Stop Thread on Error"

> Can any one explain me what is a non http response and how can i eliminate

Fix the server problem ...

> that. And what is an IO Exception in the jmeter perspective when i get a non
> http response.

A run time error generated as a result of some failure.