Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ed...@swisscom.com on 2003/08/05 12:56:16 UTC

AW: Limited Login Attempts

Have a look at JetspeedSecurity.properties (Jetspeed 1.4b4).

I think the following entries (located in the file JetspeedSecurity.properties) are exactly what you are searching for ...

# 3 logon strikes per 300 seconds and your out
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.count=3
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.interval=300
# dont allow more than 10 over any time period
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.max=10

Gesendet am: Dienstag, 5. August 2003 13:00
An: Jetspeed Users List
Betreff: Limited Login Attempts

I was looking for a configuration setting for limiting user login
attempts. How hard would it be to add this feature.

Re: AW: Limited Login Attempts

Posted by "D.S. Johnson" <ds...@insightbb.com>.
Edmund.Mielach@swisscom.com wrote:

>Have a look at JetspeedSecurity.properties (Jetspeed 1.4b4).
>
>I think the following entries (located in the file JetspeedSecurity.properties) are exactly what you are searching for ...
>
># 3 logon strikes per 300 seconds and your out
>services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.count=3
>services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.interval=300
># dont allow more than 10 over any time period
>services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.max=10

I tried setting the following:

# Auto-Account-Disable Feature
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.auto.disable=true

# 3 logon strikes per 300 seconds and your out
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.count=3
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.interval=300
# dont allow more than 10 over any time period
services.JetspeedSecurity.logon.strike.max=5

However it doesn't seem to work, I can still login after max number of
attempts.

Re: AW: Limited Login Attempts

Posted by "D.S. Johnson" <ds...@insightbb.com>.