Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/25 15:19:03 UTC

rename some classes in source codes before releasing

Hi,

When reading the source codes on the master branch,
I noticed that some classes and fields names can be renamed for better
understanding.

Better to rename these names before releasing because
I am not sure whether the generated thrift codes are compatible if we
modify them later.

e.g.,

common.thrift:
- TRegionLocation to TRegionInfo
(seems this is not a "location", though I do not know the defination
of "location")

- TConfigNodeLocation:
 * internalEndPoint -> rpcEndPoint

- TDataNodeLocation:
  * externalEndPoint -> clientRpcEndPoint
  * internalEndPoint  -> configNodeRpcEndPoint
  * dataBlockManagerEndPoint -> dataNodeRpcEndPoint

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

Re: rename some classes in source codes before releasing

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Some parameters are changed for consistent

iotdb-engine.properties: rpc_address -> rpc_ip
iotdb-confignode.properties: target_confignode -> config_nodes
Column of Show Cluster and Show Regions: HostAdress -> Host

https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/6447

Please take a look.

Thanks,
Jialin Qiao