Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/01/20 22:14:03 UTC

[Coding style] Qualified imports

Hi,

I'd like to use qualified imports (i.e. full class name instead of '*')
in Cactus code as there seems to be a general consensus about this and I
have been convinced it is better. I just wanted to :
1/ verify that it does not hurt any feelings from Cactus committers,
2/ let you know about it so that when code is committed it contains
qualified imports
3/ add this rule to the coding conventions

Ok with you ?
Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [Coding style] Qualified imports

AspectJ article

Posted by Nicholas Lesiecki <ni...@eblox.com>.
Hey, since Cactus uses AspectJ to do logging, I thought an article on
AspectJ might be of interest to the list (especially since the article uses
Cactus as a case study). It's currently headlining IBM's developerworks:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/?loc=dwmain

Nicholas Lesiecki
Technical Team Lead
eBlox, Inc.
(520) 615-9345 x104
Check out my new book!:
Java Tools for Extreme Programming: Mastering Open Source Tools, including
Ant, JUnit, and Cactus

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/047120708X/

Check out my article on AspectJ:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/?loc=dwmain