Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Huynh, Quynh" <Qu...@nordstrom.com> on 2018/04/05 20:50:15 UTC

Storing Ranking Scores And Documents In Separate Indices

Hey Solr Community,

We have a collection of product documents that we’d like to add fields to with ranking scores generated by our data scientists.

Two options we’re considering is to either:
-          Have a separate index that contains all the documents from our product index, but with these additional ranking fields
-          Have an index with just the score fields and a numerical key to represent the product that would require a separate lookup

We wanted to know if any Solr users with a similar problem has tried either of those options (and the performance implications you faced), or had a different approach to structuring documents in separate collections, where the only difference between the documents was the ranking fields.

Thanks!
Quynh