Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 02:33:54 UTC

Configurable filesystem

Hello,

I have been trying to run Oozie workflows with pig files and map-reduce jar
files stored on s3 from quite some time.
I came across this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-477

according to this
Adding configurable filesystem support instead of hardcoded "hdfs"

*has been resolved and released.*

Now please help me understand, does this mean that I can configure the file
system supported or Oozie to use S3 or my local file system ?
If I have mis understood, then please tell me what does it mean.

Thank you so much for the help.

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: Configurable filesystem

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Panshul,

I just replied this on the CDH-user list.  In the future, if you want to
ask multiple lists the same question, please use a single email message so
that people from both lists can discuss the issue together.

I've never tested it with S3, but you can try adding it to the list of
> supported filesystems by setting a property in oozie-site as described
> here:
> http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/oozie/AG_Install.html#Filesystem_Configuration
> While I don't think there's anything stopping your from putting "file" in
> the property to enable the local file system, that likely will not work
> properly.

thanks
- Robert