Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2008/11/02 14:22:50 UTC

[VOTE] bayeux module

now that we do have a module directory, I'd like to propose to take the
bayeux impl out of tomcat core, and put it into an individual module

reasons
1. It's built on top of Tomcat, but its not core tomcat
2. We can release it more frequently to fix bugs
3. If there is a bug in Bayeux, we don't need a new tomcat release

Please select one:
[ ] +1 yes move it to the modules directory
[ ]  0 I fine either way
[ ] -1 Let's discuss before we make a move

Filip

Re: [VOTE] bayeux module

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<de...@hanik.com> wrote:
> now that we do have a module directory, I'd like to propose to take the
> bayeux impl out of tomcat core, and put it into an individual module
>
> reasons
> 1. It's built on top of Tomcat, but its not core tomcat
> 2. We can release it more frequently to fix bugs
> 3. If there is a bug in Bayeux, we don't need a new tomcat release
>
> Please select one:
> [ X ] +1 yes move it to the modules directory

The lighter the core, the better.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] bayeux module

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
> [ x] +1 yes move it to the modules directory

Regards
Peter

PS: I am currently test the bayeux stuff. Currently StockTicker
example don't work at Safari...

Re: [VOTE] bayeux module

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists schrieb:
> now that we do have a module directory, I'd like to propose to take the
> bayeux impl out of tomcat core, and put it into an individual module
>
> reasons
> 1. It's built on top of Tomcat, but its not core tomcat
> 2. We can release it more frequently to fix bugs
> 3. If there is a bug in Bayeux, we don't need a new tomcat release
>
> Please select one:
> [X] +1 yes move it to the modules directory

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] bayeux module

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> now that we do have a module directory, I'd like to propose to take the
> bayeux impl out of tomcat core, and put it into an individual module
>
> reasons
> 1. It's built on top of Tomcat, but its not core tomcat
> 2. We can release it more frequently to fix bugs
> 3. If there is a bug in Bayeux, we don't need a new tomcat release
>
> Please select one:
> [X] +1 yes move it to the modules directory

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] bayeux module

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: [VOTE] bayeux module

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 06:22 -0700, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Please select one:
> [X] +1 yes move it to the modules directory

Rémy