Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Song Thuy Nguyen <pr...@biaqua.de> on 2010/02/17 23:17:14 UTC

The [action] cannot be processed at the receiver

Hello,

I have a BPEL-Process that calls 3 external Web Services. It works fine if ODE calls the services directly. But when I put Apache Synapse ESB in between as a proxy/mediator (at this step I do not change anything in the messages, just log the messages) I get an error that says: "The [action] cannot be processed at the receiver".

I supposed it was due to the fact that my actuall web services don't have SOAPActions declared. So I added the SOAPAction attributes to my services which ofcourse took effect on the WSDLs. After that it worked.

But the strange thing is:

When I use SOAPUI to call the original services (without SOAPAction) though synapse as a proxy it worked. I have use TcpTunnelGui to check what is really sent and the header clearly says: SOAPAction="". BUT the call was successful!

Doing the same with ODE calling the same services though synapse as a proxy, the header also says: SOAPAction="" but it didn't work!

Re: The [action] cannot be processed at the receiver

Posted by indika kumara <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Song

For where are you getting error ? In the Synapse or External Services(
are external services axis2 web services?).

This happened usually within AddressingBasedDispatcher which is a
dispatcher based on the WS-Addressing properties. If it cannot find
the operation based on WS-A properties andif the addressing is enabled
, it throws the error you got. But ,Synapse by default the throwing of
the error has been disabled by using addressing.validateAction =
false.

Please put the complete http headers for both cases - SOAP UI and
other . It may have different headers... which helps to find out
operation without giving to  AddressingBasedDispatcher.

Thanks
Indika