Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be> on 2005/10/24 15:46:50 UTC

loop thru woody repeaters

Hi,

I want to loop thru a woody repeater it's instances in plain old java
code; doing a form.getWidget("repeatername") doesn't give me much methods
to do that I think?

So:
a repeater with widgets "id" and "name"; data:
id name
1  abc
2  def

and using java flow I want to set the data to:
id name
1  111
2  222

Minor detail: Cocoon 2.1.4

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt

Re: loop thru woody repeaters

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 14:46 +0100, Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to loop thru a woody repeater it's instances in plain old java
> code; doing a form.getWidget("repeatername") doesn't give me much methods
> to do that I think?

you need to cast it to a repeater:

Repeater repeater = (Repeater)form.getWidget("repeatername");

and then use getRow(index) and getSize() methods