Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by GuoLei Yi <yi...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/25 12:00:59 UTC

Remove alpha rowset or segment v1 related code.

Hi guys,

I want to remove AlphaRowset or Segment V1 related code because :
1. Many optimizations like vectorization or low cardinality.
2. New types is not implemented in segment v1 such as array type, json
type, date v2 or decimal v3.
3. We need modify alpha rowset related code when we modify vectorization
code like predicate. It is very hard to maintain these code.

We have already add checks and auto conversions in doris 1.1. Could refer
this issue https://github.com/apache/doris/issues/8984.

Any advice is appreciated.

--
衣国垒
SelectDB

Re: Remove alpha rowset or segment v1 related code.

Posted by Gabriel Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Big step! Look forward to it!

Best,
Gabriel

Re: Re: Remove alpha rowset or segment v1 related code.

Posted by zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
It is now possible to detect the format of the tablet in the database at
that time through ADMIN SHOW TABLET STORAGE FORMAT, but there is no tools
to explicitly convert v1 to v2, we need to provide such a tool before
removing the code

Thanks
Yang Zhengguo

陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2022年6月26日周日 11:12写道: