Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2008/11/02 08:49:46 UTC

[VOTE] Releasing Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.16

Hello to the Tomcat team,

Native 1.1.16 has been available for testing for almost a week,
so I would like to proceed with the release vote.

If you want to take a look, the final source distribution can be
downloaded from:
http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/tomcat-connectors/native/source/

Some binaries (windows only) are available at:
http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/tomcat-connectors/native/binaries/

So here's the vote.
It will be closed on Wednesday November 5th, 2:00 p.m. GMT.

Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.16 is:

[ ] Stable - no major issues, no regressions
[ ] Beta   - at least one significant issue -- tell us what it is
[ ] Alpha  - multiple significant issues -- tell us what they are

Thank you,
--
^(TM)

Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.16

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Just an reminder that the voting is still on ;)

I'll wait another 48 hrs, and if not voted
seems we'll have to forget about this version.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Mladen Turk schrieb:
> Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.16 is:
>
> [X] Stable - no major issues, no regressions
> [ ] Beta   - at least one significant issue -- tell us what it is
> [ ] Alpha  - multiple significant issues -- tell us what they are

Additional remarks (I'm going to help with those changes to, but I
wanted to first take the time to get them written down):

- Top-Level directory contains files NOTICE *and* NOTICE.txt, which are
identical except one empty line.
- README.txt: a little short; all paths beginning with examples/ miss a
leading jni/
- CHANGELOG.txt: Looks a little strange, because e.g. it only contains
version numbers 1_1.11 and 1_1.12. So either there were no changes for
other versions, or the numbers got lost?

- ant build:

   - maybe we should rename build.properties.sample to
build.properties.default and have it as additional property source in
build.xml (like we do for Tomcat itself). So the properties in the file
get used, except when you overwrite them via build.properties. We might
also put a correct version and version.number into
build.properties.default before tagging

   - target compile-only doesn't work (variable build.home undefined)
but seems to be not needed, since target compile gets used instead

   - target compile-examples seems also not to get used, there is
another one "examples", which does the same plus more

   - ant -p doesn't list all relevant targets

   - version.number is a little strange, because it is 100 (three
digits), not clear what it should be set to for 1.1.16. Fortunately it
is never used :)

- native build

   - os/win32/libtcnative.rc: TCN_VERISON -> TCN_VERSION (3 times)
   - file srclib/VERSIONS: what's the reason for this file? Nothing else
is in srclib
   - configure: platorm -> platform

- build-in tests: all of them need a little doc

   - Echo: I propose to use another port, e.g. 2223 instead of 23. Users
shouldn't build and test as root, so we shouldn't use a privileged port
by default

   - SSL: Needs a little info about the missing certificates, or maybe
     we should include test certificates in the test folder

   LocalServer:

test results:

- locals-example: starts to accept on the unix socket, but then no more
progress

- server-example: misses ssl certificates, after adding them I'm not
sure, how the test result should look like

- Tomcat: works fine, applied some load via ab, runs stable

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.16

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
I know its late

[X] Stable - no major issues, no regressions

just got around to it, and 1.1.15 causes problems on Linux x86_64
Filip

Posted by Lorenz Breu <br...@hot-shot.com>.
Using 1.1.15 under WinXP I noticed that recvfrom() would not set the
port of the data source, however I couldn't try the repo version as I
couldn't compile under WinXP. On my kubuntu box everything seems to work
fine.
I am now trying to use Multicast.ointerface(sock,iface), but I still
have to find a way to get that pointer to the interface in java in order
to pass it to the native code. Maybe a method to get an interface by ip
address in string form would be a nice addition.

Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.16

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
[X] Stable - no major issues, no regressions
[ ] Beta   - at least one significant issue -- tell us what it is
[ ] Alpha  - multiple significant issues -- tell us what they are

SLES Linux PPC & x86