Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Roger Keays <ro...@ninthavenue.com.au> on 2006/11/10 00:10:16 UTC

Re: commandLinks in tree2 - exceptions on ie

Hi Stella,

 > I ran into the same problem with my web app and when I was searching
 > around, I saw your posting on the MyFaces mail archive. I am just
 > wondering if you found any solution for the problem? I wasn’t getting
 > the problem when I was using tomahawk 1.1.2, but then after I upgraded
 > to 1.1.3, I started getting the NumberFormatException.. Do you have
 > any advice?

That problem went away when I upgraded to jsf-1.2_02 (I think). My
temporary workaround was to clear the hidden parameter manually with
javascript - although better if you can find a permanent fix.

      $('fb-navigator')._submit = $('fb-navigator').submit;
      $('fb-navigator').submit = function() {

this['fb-navigator-tree:org.apache.myfaces.tree.NAV_COMMAND'].value='';
          this._submit();
        }
      };

(replacing fb-navigator the id of your form and fb-navigator-tree with
the id of your tree2).

Roger

 > Has anybody had success using basic h:commandLinks with ie as a part
of a tree2 facet? When I try, it looks like ie is POSTing
org.apache.myfaces.tree.NAV_COMMAND=null and this causes a
NumberFormatException on the server:

 > Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null"
 >         at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
 >         at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:447)
 >         at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:497)
 >         at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.TreeModelBase.getNodeById(TreeModelBase.java:131)
 >         at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.UITreeData.setNodeId(UITreeData.java:328)
 >         at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTree.setNodeId(HtmlTree.java:95)
 >         at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.UITreeData.broadcast(UITreeData.java:151)
 >         at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.UITreeData.broadcast(UITreeData.java:143)

 > Firefox just POSTs org.apache.myfaces.tree.NAV_COMMAND= and this
works fine. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Ninth Avenue Software
p: +61 7 3137 1351 (UTC +10)
f: +61 7 3102 9141
w: http://www.ninthavenue.com.au