Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by sarahr <re...@hotmail.com> on 2011/12/05 20:25:06 UTC

build on mac

I'm trying to follow directions to build from the trunk but running into
issues.  Has anyone been through this before?

Re: build on mac

Posted by sarahr <re...@hotmail.com>.
I missed important info.  I'm trying to do this on a mac.

Re: build on mac

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> THanks for the link.  I had read that page before but I guess not thoroughly.
Ok, no problem, happy to help.

> I finally quit trying to manipulate the classpath variable and put the jar in the extensions folder.  That worked.
Good, so you are now ready (with your Mac environment) to help us make
more tests (next week) on the 2.0.1 candidate :-) .

Bye,
Sandro

Re: build on mac

Posted by sarahr <re...@hotmail.com>.

Re: build on mac

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
you could add the junit jar to the CLASSPATH environment variable,
global (at user profile level), or you can do a script to execute just
before execute Pivot tasks, it's up to you.
Google can give you a lot of samples for this (for example search for
"set+classpath+on+mac"), Mac specific and Unix, as a sample.

Or on a Mac you can even copy desider jars in a global lib folder
(from what I read, I'm sorry but I don't have a Mac so I can't say you
more).

For example, take a look here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2509138/classpath-on-mac-and-how-does-mac-look-for-mysql-connector-java-bin-jar

Bye

Re: build on mac

Posted by sarahr <re...@hotmail.com>.
I've never done this on a mac and I'm having problems setting up the class
path to include junit.

Re: build on mac

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
You should be able to build Pivot on a Mac. What is the specific problem you are encountering?