Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Bullwinkel Axel <ax...@systech-eu.com> on 2009/05/18 15:34:57 UTC

Problems while switching torque from mysql to oracle

Hi all,

I am currently trying to switch an application which uses torque from mysql to oracle 9.2 and I am facing some problems.

The application is the workflow management tool SWAMP from suse and it runs on tomcat. When I try to start it via my browser I receive the following error messages (extract):

Caused by: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve connection info from pool
at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:717)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve connection info from pool
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java:171)

Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated object
        at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericKeyedObjectPool.java:840)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java:167)

The relevant parts of my Torque.properties which I have changed are:

torque.dsfactory.swamp.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

torque.dsfactory.swamp.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@BRA1A01:1521:swamp

torque.dsfactory.swamp.connection.user = user

torque.dsfactory.swamp.connection.password = password

torque.database.default=swamp

torque.database.swamp.adapter=oracle

Could somebody tell me where my fault is? Is this the correct adapter?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards

Axel Bullwinkel

RE: Problems while switching torque from mysql to oracle

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
A shot into the dark:

Is there a validationQuery in the Torque properties ?
If yes, did you change it to "select 1 from dual"?

     Thomas

"Bullwinkel Axel" <ax...@systech-eu.com> schrieb am 18.05.2009
15:34:57: