Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alok Garg <al...@direct2s.com> on 2002/11/25 09:10:09 UTC

Using Scroll Bars

Hello,
If I have 3 jsp pages to included in a template.
Like
    a.jsp
    b.jsp
    c.jsp

If I want to display a scrollbar in the b.jsp as the data in it is going to be very big.

Thanking you
Alok

RE: Using Scroll Bars

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
If you are only targetting the newer browsers you might be able to achieve
this using CSS-P stylesheets  - have a look at the overflow attribute -
though I could never get it to work in Netscrap6 - just in IE and didnt take
it very far (quick experiment only), maybe its not standard?.
If thats not an option, then you will need to use frames instead of
templates. You could also use the more 'flexible' iframe tag - though its
not supported in the older Netscrap browsers, and seemed a bit dodgy when I
tried it in 6.
For both CSS-P and iframe solutions Im not sure of support among the smaller
broswers - ie: conquerer, opera, etc... We can probably rule out lynx ;->
A classical frame based solution is probably the way to go, though will
involve a fair amount of refactoring on your part - not to mention the extra
effort involved in managing several frames.