Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Subscriber <su...@sepo.dk> on 2007/05/21 14:25:33 UTC

Handling ClientAbortException

Hi,

I'm getting a ClientAbortException in my logs, when a browser cancels a
dialog with the server. This is OK, but in Internet Explorer (6+7) I'm
not able to show a customized error page to the user. I've tried with
this tag - both in my own web.xml and Tomcat's web.xml:

<error-page>
    <exception>java.net.SocketException</exception>
    <location>/error.html</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<exception>org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException</exception>
    <location>/error.html</location>
</error-page>

But I can't get the error page in Internet Explorer - It works fine in
Firefox, as it doesn't close the connection to the server.

regards,
kews