Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eldred Mullany <el...@easypay.co.za> on 2009/07/02 12:19:45 UTC

Tapestry 5.0.1.5 and Cayenne Integration

Hi Guys

Has anyone got an example or tutorial on how to integrate
Tapestry5.0.1.5 with Cayenne ?

I am following tutorial, when I get to the part of running test class
after setting up my database and generating my class files placing jar
file inside pom.xml. T5 project starts up ok as soon as I use
DataContext class and create a connection it throws up error :

Caused by: org.apache.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.3.0M5 Nov 29
2008 21:12:47] [org.apache.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration] : Domain
configuration file "cayenne.xml" is not found.

      at
org.apache.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration.initialize(DefaultConfigura
tion.java:141)

      at
org.apache.cayenne.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Conf
iguration.java:157)

      ... 5 more

<dependency>

            <groupId>org.apache.cayenne</groupId>

            <artifactId>cayenne-server</artifactId>

            <version>3.0M5</version>

        </dependency>

Has anyone got some info on Tapestry5 and Cayenne Integration ?

Thanks Eldred

Re: Tapestry 5.0.1.5 and Cayenne Integration

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
By default, Cayenne will look through the CLASSPATH to find the XML files
(cayenne.xml, etc).  You can tell it to look elsewhere, but the easiest
thing to do is to put it at the top of your src directory.  I haven't tried
using Robert's T5+Cayenne integration yet.  (On my to-do list.)
mrg

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Eldred Mullany <eldred.mullany@easypay.co.za

Posted by Borut BolĨina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2009/7/2 Eldred Mullany <el...@easypay.co.za>

> Hi Guys
>

> Has anyone got an example or tutorial on how to integrate
> Tapestry5.0.1.5 with Cayenne ?

I wish Robert will continue his great tutorial at
http://t5cayenne.saiwai-solutions.com/tutorial/

Cheers,
Borut

RE: Tapestry 5.0.1.5 and Cayenne Integration

Posted by Eldred Mullany <el...@easypay.co.za>.
Found that thank you. I did not place my cayenne.xml file in root dir of
resources, restarted project and it made a connection to db

Thanks

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.