Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pid <pi...@pidster.com> on 2010/11/12 09:55:53 UTC

Re: question for next Tomcat 6.0 release

On 03/11/2010 15:06, Okubo, Yasushi (TSD) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am wondering if someone knows about release scheduled for next version
> : Tomcat v6.0.30 or any release schedule in next six month.  I am
> currently running tomcat 6.0.26 [my development box with single instance
> configuration] and 6.0.28 on my test environment [two node cluster] and
> it is getting time to consider to upgrade to the latest.

You got no answer because there isn't a fixed release schedule.
It's been a few months (July) since there was a release though, so we
might see one before the end of the year.

(Hint hint, to any devs reading this).

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 12/11/2010 08:55, Pid wrote:
> On 03/11/2010 15:06, Okubo, Yasushi (TSD) wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am wondering if someone knows about release scheduled for next version
>> : Tomcat v6.0.30 or any release schedule in next six month.  I am
>> currently running tomcat 6.0.26 [my development box with single instance
>> configuration] and 6.0.28 on my test environment [two node cluster] and
>> it is getting time to consider to upgrade to the latest.
>
> You got no answer because there isn't a fixed release schedule.
> It's been a few months (July) since there was a release though, so we
> might see one before the end of the year.
>
> (Hint hint, to any devs reading this).

:)

Jean-Frederic (the current 6.0.x) release manager indicated at ApacheCon
last week that this was on his todo list so a release between now and
then end of the year is probable.

Mark