Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Monkan <ma...@ieee.org> on 2008/05/21 16:41:17 UTC

Resolved

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I ended up starting the project from scratch in the hope of seeing if this
would help - and I did get it to work. I was getting sick of debugging it.
So, the good thing is that I now know how to connect to DBs :-).
Unfortunately, I don't know what the original problem was... oh well.

Ken, I was able to reproduce the Hello World sample with the excel
serializer, thanks.

If no one could tell, I'm new to XML, Cocoon, and SQL :thinking:, so I
appreciate everyone's patience.

Re: Resolved

Posted by Ken Starks <ke...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>.
That is really good news, and if my experience is anything to go by, your
use of Cocoon will be much more pleasurable and productive from now
on.

Harvard University have a web-available tutorial which you might find
useful, in
conjunction with the Book by Moczcar and Aston.

e.g. for their 2006 handout:
http://cscie153.dce.harvard.edu/lecture_notes/2006/20061114/handout.html