Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Martin Thelian <Ma...@gmx.at> on 2008/06/17 11:43:02 UTC

Demo of Distributed OSGi - Sourcecode

Hi,

I've read in [1] that on the OSGi Community Event a demo was shown, how
to use Apache CXF in combination with Apache Felix to export OSGi
services as web services. Does anyone know if the sourcecode of this
demo is publicly accessible somewhere? Thanks.

Regards,
Martin

[1] http://blogs.iona.com/newcomer/archives/000569.html

Re: Demo of Distributed OSGi - Sourcecode

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Note that the Felix fork is a temporary workaround, as we depend on
extensions to the OSGi Service Registry as outlined in RFC 126 (see
here: http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft.pdf ). As soon
as there is an implementation of RFC 126 we will remove this fork...

Cheers,

David

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Just FYI:

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting. Are you planning to target felix as graduation location?
> I'd be very much in favor of that :-)

And to take that one step further: is Felix planning on implementing
the specifications delivered by the EEG? Possibly in cooperation with
for example Geronimo. I'm hoping yes :-)

/niklas

Re: Demo of Distributed OSGi - Sourcecode

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
> 2008/6/17 Martin Thelian <Ma...@gmx.at>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've read in [1] that on the OSGi Community Event a demo was shown, how
>> to use Apache CXF in combination with Apache Felix to export OSGi
>> services as web services. Does anyone know if the sourcecode of this
>> demo is publicly accessible somewhere? Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin
>>
>> [1] http://blogs.iona.com/newcomer/archives/000569.html
>>

> Hi Martin,
>
> The source code will be made available as soon as possible, hopefully
> as an incubator project somewhere in Apache. However, we need to wait
> until a draft version of RFC 119 is made public by the OSGi Alliance
> before this can be done. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Interesting. Are you planning to target felix as graduation location?
I'd be very much in favor of that :-)

regards,

Karl

> Best regards,
>
> David

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Demo of Distributed OSGi - Sourcecode

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.