Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org> on 2017/05/17 14:51:00 UTC

Moving Traffic Control the "full" github

While at ApaceCon, a few of us attended a talk about navigating the
incubator where we were informed that "full" Github is now available for
podlings.  This gives us the ability to use github issues, to use github
wiki, to assign PRs, to add tags to PRs, and the "merge PR" button among
other things.  It sounds like the process would take our repo down for a
short period - minutes not hours - but the URL shouldn't change.  I know we
just got all of our issues moved to Jira, but we would need to move them
over to github as well.

Since the apache way is to have a discussion before a vote, I thought I
would start the discussion on this topic now and if we feel like this is
worth pursuing, we start a vote.  So....thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Moving Traffic Control the "full" github

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
This wasn't the vote thread, this was a discuss thread that everyone voted
on. However, I do believe the vote thread is ready to be closed.

Posted by Chris Lemmons <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hank Beatty <hb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "Gelinas, Derek" <De...@comcast.com>.
+1

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.
+1

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 here as well..

Posted by Chris Lemmons <al...@gmail.com>.
+1. Potential contributors will be much more likely to find issues and
submit fixes with just a GitHub interface and one set of credentials. I
actually prefer Jira to GitHub Issues, but I significantly prefer a single
tool, and GitHub issues will work fine. Plus, the ability to tag PRs and
such will be very helpful. I think that actually gives us integration
options with a CI directly, but maybe not.

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Mark Torluemke <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Butts <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1