Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Dyer <dd...@artifact-software.com> on 2008/03/19 15:01:27 UTC

Faces Portlets and Jetspeed decorators

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to add a portlet in the header.vm of my decorator. I've
already successfully added generic portlets to the header with:

 $jetspeed.renderPortletEntity("MyPortlet",
"my-portletApplication::MyPortletName).

This has worked fine, but when I attempt it with a faces portlet, the
portlet displays alright, but the processAction from the action listener
is never invoked when the commandLink is clicked.

The portlet has also been tested by referencing it in a psml as would be
normal, and it works as expected there.

Here's the portlet reference from the appropriate portlet xml.

<portlet>
        <description>Portlet description yadda yadda yadda</description>
        <portlet-name>MyPortletName</portlet-name>
        <display-name>My Portlet Name</display-name>

 <portlet-class>org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet</portlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <name>ViewPage</name>
            <value>/myportlet.jsp</value>
        </init-param>
        <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>
        <supports>
            <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
            <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
        </supports>
        <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>

<resource-bundle>my.package.ressources.myRessourceBundle</resource-bundle>
        <portlet-info>
            <title>My Portlet Name</title>
            <short-title>Portlet</short-title>
            <keywords>My, Portlet, Name</keywords>
        </portlet-info>
        <portlet-preferences>
        </portlet-preferences>
    </portlet>

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

David

Re: Faces Portlets and Jetspeed decorators

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
This was fixed on the 2.1.3 release, see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-767

On Mar 19, 2008, at 7:01 AM, David Dyer wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm trying to add a portlet in the header.vm of my decorator. I've
> already successfully added generic portlets to the header with:
>
> $jetspeed.renderPortletEntity("MyPortlet", "my-
> portletApplication::MyPortletName).
>
> This has worked fine, but when I attempt it with a faces portlet,
> the portlet displays alright, but the processAction from the action
> listener is never invoked when the commandLink is clicked.
>
> The portlet has also been tested by referencing it in a psml as
> would be normal, and it works as expected there.
>
> Here's the portlet reference from the appropriate portlet xml.
>
> <portlet>
>       <description>Portlet description yadda yadda yadda</description>
>       <portlet-name>MyPortletName</portlet-name>
>       <display-name>My Portlet Name</display-name>
>       <portlet-class>org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet</
> portlet-class>
>       <init-param>
>           <name>ViewPage</name>
>           <value>/myportlet.jsp</value>
>       </init-param>             <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>
>       <supports>
>           <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
>           <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
>       </supports>
>       <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
>       <resource-bundle>my.package.ressources.myRessourceBundle</
> resource-bundle>
>       <portlet-info>
>           <title>My Portlet Name</title>
>           <short-title>Portlet</short-title>
>           <keywords>My, Portlet, Name</keywords>
>       </portlet-info>
>       <portlet-preferences>
>       </portlet-preferences>
>   </portlet>
>

> Has anyone had any experience with this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

Re: AW: Faces Portlets and Jetspeed decorators

Posted by David Dyer <dd...@artifact-software.com>.
Jetspeed 2.1.2  Wich answers my question as to why the portlet action
never gets invoked.

The other portlet running from the header has an actionURL call as the
form action. So it just redirects.

All makes sense now.

Thanks for the help David and David

David