Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Sebastian Mohr <sm...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/06 16:59:05 UTC

Issues as Flex Interaction Designer using Adobe CS5.5 tools on OSX (v10.9 - v10.11) looking for a solution

Dear Flex Designers,

I got a bit silent past years, because, I was keeping myself
busy with all sorts of different Adobe and Apache Flex projects
in Germany working as an Interaction Designer using Apache Flex
tools from the Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection ...
Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5
Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5
Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 and 4.7
Adobe Photoshop CS5.1
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Maybe you'll remember me from this contribution to Apache Flex ...
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30749573

I came across a situation, I am still facing, to keep continuing my
work as an Interaction Designer using Adobe and Apache Flex ...

Issue 1:
My computer got stolen last December 2015

Issue 2:
I wanted to buy a new MacBook Pro, but, Apple ships their new
MacBook Pros with their newest operating system, because, Apple
does not provider a separate driver download for their Mac devices …
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204319
… and therefore, I was forced to buy a second hand MacBook from
Mid 2012, so that I could still install OSX v10.8 (Mountain Lion).

Issue 3:
Adobe stopped supporting Adobe CS5.5 since OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion). ...
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-master-collection.html
… and in some forums people mention that problems arise
while using Adobe CS5.5 tool for their work …
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6725764?start=0
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1924228?start=0&tstart=0

Issue 4:
I also have a Adobe CC license (useless for Apache Flex development)
running on my MacBook Pro, and, I can't install the new Adobe Animate CC …
http://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html
… (formerly known as Adobe Flash Professional), because, OSX Mountain
Lion is not supported.

Issue 5:
A slowly, growing number of applications don't support OSX Mountain Lion
anymore (for example web browsers like Chrome or Safari etc.) :(

Possible Solution:
It would be great if Adobe could provide just a small stability update for
Adobe CS5.5 on OSX (v10.9 - v10.11), so that Interaction Designers like
me can continue to provide sweetly designed Adobe and Apache Flex
applications for our Flex customers, which is potentially also of interest to
this mailing list itself. There are even more Flex applications about to come,
if these Adobe tools would allow us to do so.

Any advice would be welcome, and, thank you for your help :)

Cheers,
Sebastian

Re: Issues as Flex Interaction Designer using Adobe CS5.5 tools on OSX (v10.9 - v10.11) looking for a solution

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Sebastian,

I know a person using CS 5.5 without problem (installing the : Java for OS
X 2015-001 <https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US> comented in
one of the threads
That person is using El Capitan, so I think the software is working,
although maybe with bugs that could arise from time to time.
I think you shouldn't be blocked at all.

Just my thoughts, although I'm not in that situation...

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.