Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 12:22:08 UTC

Remove Roller Admin Protocol from Roller trunk?

Hi Team, I'm inclined to remove the Roller Admin Protocol from Roller
trunk, any objections if I do so?  As Dave notes below it hasn't been
updated in several years and even the documentation from that time warns
that it wasn't production-usable even at the time it came out several
years back (2007?), a situation that has probably gotten worse as Roller
has evolved since then.

We can restore it if someone has the time to devote to making it
production-worthy, but I suspect if there were newer efforts that it
would probably be redone from scratch today using more recent
technologies anyway.  I'm trying to make Roller a more sustainable size
to accomodate our smaller team, as I see it, it's better to have a small
well-furnished home rather than a big, drafty mansion with lots of
half-empty rooms.  :)

Regards,
Glen

Re: Remove Roller Admin Protocol from Roller trunk?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
+1

As far as I know the only software that (once) relied on Roller Admin
Protocol was some part of the Sun portal software back in 2008 (or
earlier). If somebody still needs RAP they can still resurrect it from SVN
and whip it back into shape.

- Dave