Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tayitu <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2018/05/11 17:20:36 UTC

ZKPropertiesWriter Could not read DIH properties

I am using Solr 6.6.0.  I have created collection and uploaded the config
files to zookeeper.  I can see the collection and config files from Solr
Admin UI.  When I try to Dataimport, I get the following error:

ZKPropertiesWriter Could not read DIH properties from /configs/collection
name/dataimport.properties :class
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException

Appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you!

Re: ZKPropertiesWriter Could not read DIH properties

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/11/2018 11:20 AM, tayitu wrote:
> I am using Solr 6.6.0.  I have created collection and uploaded the config
> files to zookeeper.  I can see the collection and config files from Solr
> Admin UI.  When I try to Dataimport, I get the following error:
>
> ZKPropertiesWriter Could not read DIH properties from /configs/collection
> name/dataimport.properties :class
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException

This message means /configs/collectionname/dataimport.properties does
not exist within the ZooKeeper database.  I know this because of the
KeeperException$NoNodeException part of the message.

Best guess about what's happening: You're trying to do a delta-import
without ever running a full-import.  That properties file is created or
updated whenever an import succeeds.  I think that a delta-import cannot
run if the properties file doesn't exist, so before your first
delta-import, a full-import must be successfully completed.  Once that's
done, all the rest can be delta if that fits your needs.

Thanks,
Shawn