Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "T. Kuro Kurosaka" <ku...@healthline.com> on 2014/03/19 21:32:54 UTC

w/10 ? [was: Partial Counts in SOLR]

In the thread "Partial Counts in SOLR", Salman gave us this sample query:

> ((stock or share*) w/10 (sale or sell* or sold or bought or buy* or
> purchase* or repurchase*)) w/10 (executive or director)

I'm not familiar with this w/10 notation. What does this mean,
and what parser(s) supports this syntax?

Kuro

Re: w/10 ? [was: Partial Counts in SOLR]

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
I think SQP is getting axed, no?

Otis

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
That is similar to Verity VQL, but that used "NEAR/10".  --wunder

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: w/10 ? [was: Partial Counts in SOLR]

Posted by Roman Chyla <ro...@gmail.com>.
perhaps useful, here is an open source implementation with near[digit]
support, incl analysis of proximity tokens. When days become longer maybe
itwill be packaged into a nice lib...:-)

https://github.com/romanchyla/montysolr/blob/master/contrib/adsabs/grammars/ADS.g

Posted by Salman Akram <sa...@northbaysolutions.net>.
Basically we just created this syntax for the ease of users, otherwise on
back end it uses W or N operators.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is no w/<int> syntax in surround.
> /* Query language operators: OR, AND, NOT, W, N, (, ), ^, *, ?, " and
> comma */
>
> Ahmet
>

> On Monday, March 24, 2014 9:46 PM, T. Kuro Kurosaka <ku...@healthline.com>
> wrote:
> On 3/19/14 5:13 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:> Hi,
> >
> > Guessing it's surround query parser's support for "within" backed by span
> > queries.
> >
> > Otis
>
> You mean this?
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SurroundQueryParser
>
> I guess this parser needs improvement in documentation area.
> It doesn't explain or have an example of the w/<int> syntax at all.
> (Is this the infix notation of W?)
> An example would help explaining difference between W and N;
> some readers may not understand what "ordered" and "unordered"
> in this context mean.
>

> Kuro

Salman Akram

Re: w/10 ? [was: Partial Counts in SOLR]

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "T. Kuro Kurosaka" <ku...@healthline.com>.

Posted by Salman Akram <sa...@northbaysolutions.net>.
Yup!

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:13 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
otis.gospodnetic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Guessing it's surround query parser's support for "within" backed by span
> queries.
>
> Otis
> Solr & ElasticSearch Support
> http://sematext.com/
> On Mar 19, 2014 4:44 PM, "T. Kuro Kurosaka" <ku...@healthline.com> wrote:
>
> > In the thread "Partial Counts in SOLR", Salman gave us this sample query:
> >
> >  ((stock or share*) w/10 (sale or sell* or sold or bought or buy* or
> >> purchase* or repurchase*)) w/10 (executive or director)
> >>

> > I'm not familiar with this w/10 notation. What does this mean,
> > and what parser(s) supports this syntax?
> >
> > Kuro

Salman Akram

Re: w/10 ? [was: Partial Counts in SOLR]

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,