Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com> on 2002/01/07 16:17:11 UTC

Which email service to use?

I need to send some emails to a bunch of users previously setup in
Turbine_User. Do I use the SimpleEmail or MailMessage class, they appear to
do very similar things.

I have gone for MailMessage initially. The constructor takes the Host string
amongst other things. I believe this is the same as the "mail.server"
property in the TurbineResources.properties file. I have not been able to
find out were I can extract this from, which service has the accessor method
for this property? If there is not one I can just get it from the properties
file directly I suppose.

Thanks

David

RE: Which email service to use?

Posted by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com>.
shown.

        String smtpHost = TurbineResources.getString("mail.server");

I still am not sure why there are different email classes in the services
for what seems like the same function?

David

Re: Spotted error in email logging service

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
What source file is this from?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Thanks David, fixed in jakarta-turbine-2 CVS.

Posted by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com>.
Sorry,

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.

Posted by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com>.