Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net> on 2013/09/30 16:51:15 UTC

Re: strict DMI, was: Url rewriting of .action to .jsp

> >> If you could prepare a small demo app, I'd like investigate that.
> >>

> > I can do so next week, sorry for the delay
>
> No problem, I'm busy too ;-)

Finally I continued with my strict DMI tests.

While creating a sample app I discovered that the above was wrong. It is a
CSRF protection interceptor in the other app which made me think that !add
was blocked by the framework.

But I could not get strict DMI working at all. Only execute() got invoked,
no matter what I tried.

Would you please have a look at the sample app and tell me what I am doing
wrong?

https://github.com/wolpi/struts2-samples/tree/master/dmiandactionmappingtest

Next question is: how to use strict DMI with convention plugin?

Regards,
Christoph

Re: Re: strict DMI, was: Url rewriting of .action to .jsp

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Done

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Action+Configuration#ActionConfiguration-DynamicMethodInvocation

Antwort: Re: strict DMI, was: Url rewriting of .action to .jsp

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.

> > Would you please have a look at the sample app and tell me what I am
doing
> > wrong?

https://github.com/wolpi/struts2-samples/tree/master/dmiandactionmappingtest

> <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="true"/>
>
> It must be true, if false whole DMI logic is off.
>
> <action name="hello"
> class="struts2.samples.dmiandactionmappingtest.actions.HelloAction">
>
> Removed method={1} as you don't use "*" mapping
>
> <allowed-methods>add</allowed-methods>
>
> In this way you define allowed methods.

Okay, now even I understand it, thanks a lot.

Would you mind adding that sample struts.xml in the wiki, that I can find
it next time I need it?

> > Next question is: how to use strict DMI with convention plugin?
>
> Not yet, I will add it soon.

Looking forward to it

Regards,
Christoph

Re: strict DMI, was: Url rewriting of .action to .jsp

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/9/30 Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>:
> Finally I continued with my strict DMI tests.
>
> While creating a sample app I discovered that the above was wrong. It is a
> CSRF protection interceptor in the other app which made me think that !add
> was blocked by the framework.
>

> But I could not get strict DMI working at all. Only execute() got invoked,
> no matter what I tried.
>

> Would you please have a look at the sample app and tell me what I am doing
> wrong?
>
> https://github.com/wolpi/struts2-samples/tree/master/dmiandactionmappingtest

<constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="true"/>

It must be true, if false whole DMI logic is off.

<action name="hello"
class="struts2.samples.dmiandactionmappingtest.actions.HelloAction">

Removed method={1} as you don't use "*" mapping

<allowed-methods>add</allowed-methods>

In this way you define allowed methods.

> Next question is: how to use strict DMI with convention plugin?

Not yet, I will add it soon.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz