Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2005/02/21 23:08:35 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Lucene4c 0.03

I'm happy to announce the release of version 0.03 of Lucene4c, a port of
Lucene to the C language using the Apache Portable Runtime.

This release adds several APIs for running operations over an entire
index where previous versions only allowed you to do so with a single
segment, improves a number of the error messages for various problems,
adds explicit document and field objects, fixes the compound file stream
code that was released in the previous version and last but not least
adds doxygen style API documentation for the public APIs.

With luck this will be the last release before the project moves into
the ASF incubator.

As usual, the new tarball (as well as previous versions) is available
from the project web site:

http://electricjellyfish.net/garrett/lucene4c/

HTML versions of the API docs are available at

http://electricjellyfish.net/garrett/lucene4c/apidocs/

If you just can't wait for the next version to get whatever halfway
finished code I'm working on please feel free to grab it from Subversion at

svn://rooneg.dyndns.org/dev/lucene4c/trunk

As always, commentary, questions and patches are always welcome.

-garrett