Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/23 05:42:42 UTC

Collection of form controls component?

I have a domain object called Address that is part of
many other domain objects.

While I understand, and have written a component that
encapsulates a form to edit this domain object, it
requires it's own form on the page, so while I can
present the Person domain object in a form, the
address domain object needs to be edited in it's own
form, so one page has multiple forms.

I would like to be able to create a component that
just consists of a collection for TextFields, minus
the form body.  I would like to be able to bind this
form to my domain object and let the page worry about
the saving of the form object.

I see that somebody tried to do this exact same thing,
and it turns out that we are both getting the exact
same error.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-tapestry-user/200411.mbox/%3C418C026C.9050507@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk%3E

According to the post, it is because we are using
extending BaseComponent, instead of writing a class
that implements IFormComponent.
Has anyone written a component that implements this
interface in which all it does is encapsulate a bunch
of TextFields bound to a domain object that is a page
property?

Thanks.  If I can get past this, I can take the reuse
a little bit further.

Phillip