Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/09/06 18:45:07 UTC

Woden Milestone plan

With summer at an end the Woden project needs to pick up steam towards its
first release. John and I have put together a Woden milestone plan which I
have included in this message and for which we need your feedback. Your
feedback is important to ensure Woden is meeting the community's
requirements.

Please post comments, questions, and concerns about the milestone dates
and deliverables to this mailing list. We would like to post a Woden
milestone plan by the end of next week (Sept. 16).

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Woden 1.0 Milestone plan
---------------------------------------

M1 - Sept 30
- WSDL 2.0 types parsing (DOM)
- Unit tests for types parsing (DOM)
- WSDL 2.0 Interface parsing (DOM)
- Unit tests for Interface parsing (DOM)
- Create validation framework including extension mechanism
- Unit tests for validation framework
- Create build process
- Update website to follow new Apache Web services website layout
- Update technical documentation about Woden design and implementation on
Wiki
- Create initial user documentation

M2 - Oct 28
- WSDL 2.0 Binding parsing (DOM)
- WSDL 2.0 Binding extensibility mechanism (DOM)
- Unit tests for Binding parsing (DOM)
- WSDL 2.0 SOAP Binding extension (DOM)
- Unit tests for SOAP Binding extension (DOM)
- WSDL 2.0 HTTP Binding extension (DOM)
- Unit tests for HTTP Binding extension (DOM)
- Implement validation logic for types and Interface
- Unit tests for validation logic for types and Interface
- Integrate W3C WSDL 2.0 types and Interface tests into Woden test suite
- Update technical documentation about Woden design and implementation on
Wiki

M3 - Nov 25
- WSDL 2.0 Service parsing (DOM)
- Unit tests for Service parsing (DOM)
- Implement validation logic for Binding
- Unit tests for validation logic for Binding
- Integrate W3C WSDL 2.0 Binding tests into Woden test suite
- Investigate WSDL 2.0 parsing with StAX
- Update technical documentation about Woden design and implementation on
Wiki

M4 - Dec 23
- Implement validation logic for Service
- Unit tests for validation logic for Service
- Integrate W3C WSDL 2.0 Service tests into Woden test suite
- API review
- Review Woden non-functional requirements
- bug fixes

M5 - Jan 27
- API freeze
- bug fixes

Woden 1.0 - Feb 24

Re: Woden Milestone plan

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Looks good. The WSDL 2.0 will exit Last Call Sept. 19. The issues will
be addressed and then it will be published as a Candidate
Recommendation and implementations will be requested. Woden is fitting
in nicely with this schedule.

-- Arthur