Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 15:41:20 UTC

Heron OSS Sync Meeting

Hi,

Sorry for the late notice (I need to set up a reminder).... The heron OSS
sync meeting will be happening today at 2.00 pm PDT. Please use the
following hangout link:
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/streaml.io/oss-heron-sync?authuser=0

See you all then.

--ning

Re: Heron OSS Sync Meeting

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Brief notes for today's sync up meeting:

   - We have prepared the 3rd candidate for Heron's first Apache release
   (0.20.0). Please help to download and test!
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/releases
   - A few bug fixes we found inside Twitter.
   - Keep improving Heron's functional (streamlet) API.
   - Discussed a bit about Samoa integration for ML. We may try to
   communicate with Samoa community about it.
   - Discussed a bit about Beam. Beam's API seems to be more complicated
   than runners' raw functional APIs and there is no strong user request to
   use Beam API so far.