Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by "Joana M. F. Trindade" <jm...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/14 11:53:41 UTC

XPath queries and signed elements

Hi all,

I am trying to specify signed elements of a soap message with an XPath
expression on the policy file. Moreover, the construct looks like this
(SignedElements):

<!--
<sp:SignedParts xmlns:sp="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
    <sp:Body/>
</sp:SignedParts>
-->
<sp:SignedElements xmlns:sp="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
    <sp:XPath>/soapenv:Envelope/soapenv:Body</sp:XPath>
</sp:SignedElements>

As you can see, I am replacing SignedParts with SignedElements containing an
XPath expression. However, I get exceptions on axis2 because the syntax is
wrong. I could not find documentation related to that, but according to the
WS-SP specification, this construct seems to be ok. What am I doing wrong?

I'd appreciate any kind of advice,

Thanks and regards,
Joana Trindade

--
Student Intern
SAP Research - Security & Trust

805 Avenue du Dr. Maurice Donat
06250 Mougins
T +33/492286319
F +33/492286201
Personal Homepage: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~jmftrindade

Re: XPath queries and signed elements

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joana,
      Did you use Rampart 1.3 or the SNAPSHOT ? I tried a policy with the signed
elements assertion and it worked fine with the trunk,

  <sp:SignedElements
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
         <sp:XPath>/soapenv:Envelope/soapenv:Body</sp:XPath>
  </sp:SignedElements>

thanks,
/nandana

http://nandana83.blogspot.com/