Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Jamie Lyon <jl...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> on 2007/09/21 17:41:26 UTC

Building SVN Trunk under Windows

Hi,

I'm wondering how you should build the current SVN trunk of Axis2/C
under Windows?

The 'INSTALL' instructions file refers to a build directory which I
cannot seem to find. Rampart/C has a build directory that looks
complete, but I cannot test it as I need Axis2/C to build against.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: Building SVN Trunk under Windows

Posted by Dushshantha Chadradasa <du...@gmail.com>.
Jamie Lyon wrote:
>> If you got a checkout from svn the build file definitely be there. [1]
>>

> Odd, update/revert did nothing, but I did a fresh checkout and it
> appeared.
>
> However the vcvars.bat file mentioned in the INSTALL file is still not
> there, and as such I get errors [1] when running nmake. Should this file
> be there, or are there some variables I should be setting manually? (I'm
> primarily a Linux user, so I'm not up to scratch with the Windows build
> environment).
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie
>
> ----------------------
>
> 1.
> C:\cpp\svn\axis2c\build\win32>nmake install
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>         if not exist ..\deploy mkdir ..\deploy
>         if not exist ..\deploy\bin mkdir ..\deploy\bin
>         if not exist ..\deploy\services mkdir ..\deploy\services
>         if not exist ..\deploy\modules mkdir ..\deploy\modules
>         if not exist ..\deploy\lib mkdir ..\deploy\lib
>         if not exist ..\deploy\include mkdir ..\deploy\include
>         if not exist ..\deploy\logs mkdir ..\deploy\logs
>         if not exist ..\deploy\modules\addressing mkdir
> ..\deploy\modules\addres
> sing
>         if not exist .\int.msvc mkdir .\int.msvc
>         if not exist ..\deploy\modules\logging mkdir
> ..\deploy\modules\logging
>         if not exist .\int.msvc\samples mkdir .\int.msvc\samples
>         if not exist .\int.msvc\util mkdir .\int.msvc\util
>         if not exist .\int.msvc\util\platform mkdir
> .\int.msvc\util\platform
>         if not exist .\int.msvc\util\minizip mkdir
> .\int.msvc\util\minizip
> dir_handler.c
> ..\..\util\include\axutil_utils_defines.h(21) : fatal error C1083:
> Cannot open i
> nclude file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory
> duration.c
> ..\..\util\include\axutil_utils_defines.h(21) : fatal error C1083:
> Cannot open i
> nclude file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory
> file_handler.c
> ..\..\util\src\file_handler.c(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file:
>  'string.h': No such file or directory

> Generating Code...
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\bin\c
> l.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.

Hi Jamie,

vcvars32.bat file comes with Microsoft Visual Studio. You have to set
the path to this file location to use this file, if your system cannot
find it. In my system, this file is there in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools.

regards,
Dushshantha

RE: Building SVN Trunk under Windows

Posted by Jamie Lyon <jl...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk>.

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Jamie,
"Jamie Lyon" <jl...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> writes:

> I?m wondering how you should build the current SVN trunk of Axis2/C under
> Windows?
>

> The ?INSTALL? instructions file refers to a build directory which I cannot seem
> to find. Rampart/C has a build directory that looks complete, but I
> cannot test
If you got a checkout from svn the build file definitely be there. [1]

thanks,
Dinesh

1.https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/build/

--