Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by "ghader.arkani@gmail.com" <gh...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 14:57:24 UTC

WithLambda.classx

Hi,

At module I am reviewing (classfile) there is a file in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/tree/master/classfile/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/classfile/datafiles
called 'WithLambda.classx' should I ignore it?
It looks like binary.

Thanks,
Ghader

Re: WithLambda.classx

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
I assume the file is used by tests to verify the classfile reader is able
to read a class compiled with -source 1.8 and using lamda functions. The
classx file must have been created at days when NetBeans used to be
compiled only by JDK7. These days it should be possible to compile
appropriate source file with lamdas and read the result of the compilation.
-jt

: