Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Bharath Gowda <bg...@mifos.org> on 2020/06/30 07:21:52 UTC

Fineract Dev Pentaho Reports Issue Discussion

Hello Everyone,

Initiating this thread to understand and discuss a solution for the Pentaho
reporting issues which has surfaced recently.

1. From which version, Fineract has stopped supporting Pentaho due to
Licencing issues?
2. When we run a Pentaho report on Develop version, we get an sql
injection error like below, Will it be appropriate to raise an issue to
handle the pentaho errors (if it is due to the licence support issue) which
will help the users to understand better?

{"developerMessage":"The request was invalid. This typically will happen
due to validation errors which are
provided.","httpStatusCode":"400","defaultUserMessage":"Unexpected SQL
Commands
found","userMessageGlobalisationCode":"error.msg.found.sql.injection

3. Should we discuss an alternate solution for this? Our stretchy reports
have limitations, many value added reports (with design and calculations)
will not work with stretchy reports.

From an organization users perspective, this might become a bottleneck for
their End/Beginning of the Day/Month/Year Business Reconciliations.

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019636073
http://mifos.org  <http://facebook.com/mifos>
<http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Re: Fineract Dev Pentaho Reports Issue Discussion

Posted by Avik Ganguly <av...@fynarfin.io>.
Hi all,

Interesting topic. I think older Pentaho versions were GNU Lesser General
Public License and now it's Pentaho Reporting Enterprise Edition license.

Functionality-wise, we are primarily exploring Redash (other than
visualization what report designing capabilities it has) for going
forward. Redash has BSD 2-Clause "Simplified" License.

Superset is also on our radar in terms of familiarity and Apache license.

With best regards,
Avik.
ᐧ

--
Disclaimer:

Privileged & confidential information is contained in this
message (including all attachments). If you are not an intended recipient
of this message, please destroy this message immediately and kindly notify

the sender by reply e-mail. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this
message in any manner whatsoever, in whole or in part, is strictly
prohibited. This e-mail, including all attachments hereto, (i) is for
discussion purposes only and shall not be deemed or construed to be a
professional opinion unless expressly stated otherwise, and (ii) is not
intended, written or sent to be used, and cannot and shall not be used, for
any unlawful purpose. This communication, including any attachments, may
not be free of viruses, interceptions or interference, and may not be
compatible with your systems. You should carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and

*Fynarfin Tech Private Limited* shall not be liable for any damage that
you may sustain as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, a
delay in receipt of this message or computer problems experienced.

Re: Fineract Dev Pentaho Reports Issue Discussion

Posted by Luis Alberto Alegría de los Santos <lu...@innovar.app>.
Hi all

Posted by Ankit Muellner <an...@muellners.org>.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Thanks Bharath for your reply. To add to what Saransh said, Pentaho reports
don't ship with the Fineract release due to license constraints but they
still ship with the Mifos X discuss distribution on top of Fineract and one
could also grab the reports from this distribution and run against the
latest Fineract version.

Bharath, can you clarify on the that process and link to any available
documentation?

Thanks,

Ed