Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/03/06 08:34:29 UTC

Re: Might have a Problem with Caching (xsp/xsl)

From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net>

> > From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> >
> > From: "Torsten Reiners" <t....@tu-bs.de>

> > > 2:  We want to set a xsl:variable to the value of the variable of
> > > "msg" being part of the xsl:logic.
> >
> > It's not possible, if I understand correctly.
> > XSPs are handled as "marcos". All XSL is resolved at compile time,
> > while logic at execution time.
>
> You forgot to mention logisheets. AFAIU, he need logicsheet.
> See
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/webapp/docs/samples/xs
> p/logicsheet.xsp?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Hmm...

I saw a "xsl:variable" and thought it was in a logicsheet, since logicsheets
are xsl files themselves.

The thing I note is that he specified

> > >        <xsl:variable name="toInsert">
> > >            <xsp:expr> msg  </xsp:expr>
> > >        </xsl:variable>

Since xsp:expr is resolved at runtime, the variable will not contain the
value of the expression but the java code to get it.
Hence my answer.

Torsten, it seems I didn't fully understand your question, sorry.
Why do you want to include another file with xsl document()?
You could use XInclude, CInclude or sitemap aggregation (described in the
documentation) and bypass this problem altogether.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Might have a Problem with Caching (xsp/xsl)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net>