Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by p....@almerys.com on 2007/07/27 15:55:01 UTC

[AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Hello,
I'm switching from AXIS2 1.2 to 1.3RC2 to check any regression and I have
an issue with one of my modules which runs correctly with AXIS2 1.2:
I'm getting this exception:
[27/07/07 15:47:36:292 CEST] 00000031 ModuleDeploye E
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger error The header_v2.mar
module, which is not valid, caused
org/apache/xerces/impl/xs/XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar([Lorg/apache/xerces/xni/parser/XMLInputSource;)V
                                 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org/apache/xerces/impl/xs/XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar([Lorg/apache/xerces/xni/parser/XMLInputSource;)V
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
        at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
        at module.header.v2.HeaderV2Handler.init(HeaderV2Handler.java:76)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.addFlowHandlers(
Utils.java:100)

and here is the faulty code:

        public void init(HandlerDescription theArg0) {
                super.init(theArg0);
                SchemaFactory mySchemaFactory =
SchemaFactory.newInstance(XMLConstants.W3C_XML_SCHEMA);

                URL myUrl =
HeaderV2Handler.class.getResource("FSA_HEADER_0.0.1.0.17.xsd");
                try {
                        schema = mySchemaFactory.newSchema(myUrl);
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                        [...]
                }

        }

XMLConstants.W3C_XML_SCHEMA is set to "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

I have noticed that in the RC2 release, the xerces version is 2.6.2
instead of 2.8.1 in Axis2 1.2.
Does it have anything to do with that?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

> What happened in fact is that my classpath was too long and so being cut
> I moved my project to have it at the root of the server and reduces
> the classpath and fixed the problem this way.
> But I still don't understand why Axis2 1.3RC2 is being delivered with
> xerces2.6 instead of 2.8 as Axis2 1.2. Is it a build error?
Yes unfortunately when moving from maven1 to maven2 we have done that
mistake, in the current codebase we have fixed the issue and you will
get 2.8

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Posted by p....@almerys.com.
What happened in fact is that my classpath was too long and so being cut
I moved my project to have it at the root of the server and reduces the
classpath and fixed the problem this way.
But I still don't understand why Axis2 1.3RC2 is being delivered with
xerces2.6 instead of 2.8 as Axis2 1.2. Is it a build error?

Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
30/07/2007 09:55
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Hmm , anyway please attach your module and create a JIRA then we can
surly identify whether it is Axis2 fault or not.

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hmm , anyway please attach your module and create a JIRA then we can
surly identify whether it is Axis2 fault or not.

Thanks
Deepal

> Thanks for the reference and the help.
> I will try to find why exactly my module works with AXIS2 1.2 and not
> with the RC2 and I'll post a JIRA when the issue will be clearer for me.
>
> Pierre

Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Posted by p....@almerys.com.
Thanks for the reference and the help.
I will try to find why exactly my module works with AXIS2 1.2 and not with
the RC2 and I'll post a JIRA when the issue will be clearer for me.

Pierre

Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
30/07/2007 09:47
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1206

> Does a JIRA already exist for that classloading issue?
> What is its reference?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pierre
>

> *Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>*
>
> 30/07/2007 09:33
> Veuillez répondre à
> axis-user@ws.apache.org

>                axis-user@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Objet
>                Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation
>

> If it is not an Axis2 issues , there is no point or create a JIRA , but
> this is something to do with Axis2 classloading and there is a JIRA for
> that.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
> >
> > Hi,
> > After tracing what exactly happens, I found that in fact the class
> > javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory that was loaded by websphere is
> > from rt.jar and not from the xml-apis.jar.
> > So I don't think that it is an axis2 issue. But it can still create a
> > JIRA with the module.mar if you think it can be linked with Axis2.
> >
> > Pierre

Deepal

Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1206

> Does a JIRA already exist for that classloading issue?
> What is its reference?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pierre
>

> *Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>*
>
> 30/07/2007 09:33
> Veuillez répondre à
> axis-user@ws.apache.org

> 	axis-user@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Objet
> 	Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation
>

> If it is not an Axis2 issues , there is no point or create a JIRA , but
> this is something to do with Axis2 classloading and there is a JIRA for
> that.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
> >
> > Hi,
> > After tracing what exactly happens, I found that in fact the class
> > javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory that was loaded by websphere is
> > from rt.jar and not from the xml-apis.jar.
> > So I don't think that it is an axis2 issue. But it can still create a
> > JIRA with the module.mar if you think it can be linked with Axis2.
> >
> > Pierre

Deepal

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
If it is not an Axis2 issues , there is no point or create a JIRA , but
this is something to do with Axis2 classloading and there is a JIRA for
that.

Thanks
Deepal

> Hi,
> After tracing what exactly happens, I found that in fact the class
> javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory that was loaded by websphere is
> from rt.jar and not from the xml-apis.jar.
> So I don't think that it is an axis2 issue. But it can still create a
> JIRA with the module.mar if you think it can be linked with Axis2.
>
> Pierre

Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Posted by p....@almerys.com.
Hi,
After tracing what exactly happens, I found that in fact the class
javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory that was loaded by websphere is from
rt.jar and not from the xml-apis.jar.
So I don't think that it is an axis2 issue. But it can still create a JIRA
with the module.mar if you think it can be linked with Axis2.

Pierre

Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
30/07/2007 08:33
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: [AXIS2 1.3RC2] Exception during schema creation

Hi ,
Will you be able to create a JIRA attaching your module.mar.

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,