Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by alex reuter <ar...@monsterdaata.com> on 2001/09/06 19:35:56 UTC

does tomcat have the cajones?

Hello Everyone,

I have a general question about tomcat's cajones.  What does everyone think
about using tomcat as a mission critical servelet container?  What version
is best?  What are its limitations? Performance issues?  What kind of
stability can be expected?

We are currently using a commercial application server and have been having
a hell of a time with stability and performance and lately have taken to
breaking modular pieces out and running them along side as servlets inside
tomcat.  If not tomcat, then what?

Thanks for any replies.

Alex

Re: does tomcat have the cajones?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Look to http://members.nbci.com/speaker6/jokes/cojones.html

Posted by Mike Wright <to...@theorb.net>.
Perhaps there is some relevance here. A cajon is also a container.

Mike Wright

Posted by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>.

Posted by Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>.
alex reuter wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have a general question about tomcat's cajones.

Er... I think you mean "cojones".  A cajon is a kind of percussion instrument.

But we know what you mean <grin>...

Okay, back on topic.