Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2004/07/23 03:45:56 UTC

Unlearn

I finally have a need to unlearn a message that was auto-learned.  My
messages are in mbox format.  How can I unlearn an individual email?  Tnx -
John

Re: Unlearn

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
It would have been easier if you'd mentioned your email software.

Since you are using OE6 you can export the message as a single ".eml"
message. While the OE 6 format in the "OutlookExpress" directory is
unreadable by mortals the ".eml" format is standard mbox format. That
can be fed directly into the unlearn process modulo a possible need to
excise carriage return characters, an exercise left to the student.

{^_^}
Posted by Mike Burger <mb...@bubbanfriends.org>.
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, John Fleming wrote:

> [...]

I wouldn't necessarily use --forget, because if that type of message comes
through, again, it might get misclassified.

Putting it into its own file, though, is one good way to do it.

Another way might be to use the entire mbox to train bayes, like so:

sa-learn --ham --mbox < /path/to/file/with/message

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe

Re: Unlearn

Posted by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com>.

Re: Unlearn

Posted by Mike Burger <mb...@bubbanfriends.org>.
"sa-learn --forget < /path/to/file/with/message" to remove it from your db

or

"sa-learn --ham < /path/to/file/with/message" to tell the db that it's not
spam at all.