Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by David Cromberge <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/26 21:23:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-Memory 2.2.0-RC1

### Simplified maven project structure

This release lays the foundation for supporting future versions of Java in
the project, for example Java 17 and Panama.
In order to realise this goal, it has been necessary to remove complexity
from our multi-maven project structure to the bare
minimum.  There are now only three maven modules; where there were
previously six.

Hello Apache DataSketches PMC and Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-memory candidate
version:  2.2.0-RC1

    NOTE 1: This component of the DataSketches library provides
high-performance access to off-heap memory for Java applications. These are
low-level functions that are used by other DataSketches components. It does
not provide any command-line interface or GUI.

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-memory

    Git Tag for this release:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-memory/tree/2.2.0-RC1
<https://github.com/apache/datasketches-memory/tree/2.1.0-RC1> on branch
2.2.X

    Git HashId for this release starts with: 9ddae41

3. The Release Candidate / Zip Repository:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/memory/2.2.0-RC1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/memory/2.1.0-RC1/>

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : A21C4E36

4. Repository: Maven Central [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar
Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-memory/2.2.0/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-memory/2.1.0/>

5. Build & Test Guide:
    -
https://github.com/apache/datasketches-memory/blob/2.2.0-RC1/README.md#build-instructions
<https://github.com/apache/datasketches-memory/blob/2.1.0-RC1/README.md#build-instructions>
    Note that this is a maven multi-module project and requires customized
maven toolchains configuration, together with custom build steps.  See the
README for more details.

6. The vote will be performed as follows:
   - This letter will be published on dev@ and remain open for at least 72
hours (excluding weekends and holidays), AND until at least 3 (+1) PMC
votes or a majority of (+1) PMC votes are acquired. Anyone in the community
can vote.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
David Cromberge
dcromberge@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-Memory 2.2.0-RC1

Posted by David Cromberge <dc...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Checked:
- mvn clean test
- mvn rat checks passed
- mvn intall
- verified signatures

Posted by Jon Malkin <jo...@gmail.com>.
Apologies for the delay. I actually tested things a while ago.

+1 (binding)
- mvn clean test
- JAVA_HOME=$JAVA8_HOME mvn clean test -P strict (as 11 is now my default)
- validated checksum and signatures
- validated checksums for all files destined for maven central

  jon

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)