Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Vaghawan Ojha <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/23 11:37:40 UTC

Re: PIO Template for User Label Inference

Hi, you could use the labels as properties, templates like UR supports
multiple properties, you can set the properties for that user.

http://actionml.com/docs/ur_input
https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/datacollection/eventapi/ you can
see the uses of properties in the events here.

Thanks

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
No the current separation of concerns is:
Recommender returns recommended item ids
User’s DB keeps all item metadata, much of which has nothing to do with data the recommender needs.
The application queries the Recommenders for item-ids which are keys into the DB that retrieve item metadata

If we were to make the Recommender the store of record for item metadata it would have to keep a a lot of things it doesn’t use to drive things like UIs or things that it can’t represent (it’s not a DB). This is generally better separated to something designed to be a general purpose store.

That said, the metadata the IS put into the recommender is actually returned for each item but stripped before returning. Fairly easy to change.

On Oct 24, 2017, at 8:43 PM, liuyinwei <li...@juqitech.com> wrote:

Thanks Vaghawan. We tried UR but it doesn't return recommended User Label/Properties, instead it only return recommended items.
Am I miss anything here?

Here is the UR query we use to get user data: query: { "user": "U 2" ,"num":4}

Here is the UR response, however, it doesn't have properties we want, ideally, we want it return user's properites, e.g. 70s
{
    "itemScores": [
        {
            "item": "Iphone 4",
            "score": 0.11071484535932541
        },
        {
            "item": "Ipad-retina",
            "score": 0.011783885769546032
        },
        {
            "item": "Surface",
            "score": 0
        }
    ]
}

David

On 10/23/2017 19:37,Vaghawan Ojha<va...@gmail.com> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, you could use the labels as properties, templates like UR supports multiple properties, you can set the properties for that user.

http://actionml.com/docs/ur_input <http://actionml.com/docs/ur_input>
https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/datacollection/eventapi/ <https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/datacollection/eventapi/> you can see the uses of properties in the events here.

Thanks

Posted by Vaghawan Ojha <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Yes as Pat put it clearly as he always does, recommender doesn't do
that, if you really need that maybe you wanna map the events data of the
event server with the user_id and fetch their properties/profile.

Thanks
Vaghawan