Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> on 2006/07/19 16:42:07 UTC

[1.4] Edit Menu Shows up Twice

 From a fresh as of yesterday svn checkout of 1.4 on the default
publication. If a page other than index is selected from the authoring
tab to edit the page, the edit with Kupu, BXE, Forms, etc shows up in
the menu twice. Not entirely sure where that is coming from.

Richard

Re: [1.4] Edit Menu Shows up Twice

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi Renaud,
Sure, I wouldn't mind trying to set up tinyMCE for the lib.  I have
heard that it is a nice interface.

I think I might have an account already.  Michi set up an account for me
  last year when we were working with Robert on his Google SOC project.
  My userid was "doug" but I don't know what my pass was.

Thanks,
--Doug

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Renaud,

As of right now, I am just exploring the different editors. We have not
decided which editors will be supported in our installation. I will keep
in mind that the module is in alpha.

Richard

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@wyona.com>.
Hello Richard and Doug,

Richard Frovarp wrote:
> I found the problem. I'm trying to use Wyona's TinyMCE module. So I
> stuck it in the publication.xconf. I thought that was to make the menu
> entry show up. I edited the menu.xsp from the xhtml module to get it
> to show up for both TinyMCE and FCK.
>
> I'm guessing I need to edit default/config/menus/generic.xsp, xhtml
> module, and homepage module to make it so that each publication can
> have exactly one editor in the menu. I need to be able to specify a
> different editor for different publications.
>
> Doug Chestnut wrote:
>
>> I can't reproduce this in the default pub from a clean checkout of
>> the trunk.
>>
>> Richard Frovarp wrote:
>>
>>>  From a fresh as of yesterday svn checkout of 1.4 on the default
>>> publication. If a page other than index is selected from the
>>> authoring tab to edit the page, the edit with Kupu, BXE, Forms, etc
>>> shows up in the menu twice. Not entirely sure where that is coming
>>> from.
>>>
>>> Richard

Renaud Richardet
COO America
office +1 857 776-3195                     mobile +1 617 230 9112
renaud.richardet <at> wyona.com              http://www.wyona.com

Re: [1.4] Edit Menu Shows up Twice

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Richard Frovarp wrote:
> I found the problem. I'm trying to use Wyona's TinyMCE module. So I
> stuck it in the publication.xconf. I thought that was to make the menu
> entry show up. I edited the menu.xsp from the xhtml module to get it to
> show up for both TinyMCE and FCK.
Hmm, I just edit {mypub}/lenya/modules/xhtml/config/menu.xsp and add the
link to the editor usecase there.  This most likely isn't the proper way
to do this but it works for me ;).

> I'm guessing I need to edit default/config/menus/generic.xsp, xhtml
> module, and homepage module to make it so that each publication can have
> exactly one editor in the menu. I need to be able to specify a different
> editor for different publications.
So are you using the default pub as a template?  You should be able to
just create and edit
{yourpub}/lenya/modules/(xhtml|homepage)/config/menu.xsp

You should also be able to put the FCKeditor and TinyMCE files in your
pubs as well (so as not to bastardize your default pub).  I keep my
FCKeditor files in {mypub}/lenya/modules/fckeditor/resources/FCKeditor/...

This works thanks to the fallback source and input module.

HTH,
--Doug

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.