Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net> on 2003/07/07 12:12:28 UTC

RE: [Vote] Move flow related "packages" - Result

After 4 days time - here are the results:

From: Reinhard Pötz

> As you probably read at my previous mail "[Flow] Status"
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105722900706900&w=2
> there are 3 flow related "packages" which should go to the main trunk:
>

>  [Vote 1] JXTemplateGenerator/Transformer
>     Move the JXTemplateGenerator/Transformer to the main trunk.
>     You should find some docs here (after a build including the docs):
>     [http://localhost:8888/docs/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html]

5x  +1
2x  +1   (core)
1x  +0,5 (core)

So these components go to the core.

>  [Vote 2] Forms
>     Replace XMLForms with the JXForms implementation. See
>
> [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105389102015851&w=2]
>     Of course we need a migration guide for our users.

8x  +1

JXForms will go into the XMLForms block and will be a second
implementation
of the controller.

>  [Vote 3] Petstore
>
>    a) Move Petstore to the main trunk.

8x  +1

Move it to a "petstore" block

>    b) The connection to the database is implemented with
>       JavaScript objects.
>       This should not stop the release as we can implement it
>       e.g. with OJB in the future.

7x  +1

Cheers,
Reinhard

RE: [Vote] Move flow related "packages" - Result

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
> >  [Vote 3] Petstore
> >
> >    a) Move Petstore to the main trunk.
>
> 8x  +1
>
> Move it to a "petstore" block

I moved the Petstore into its own block and marked it as unstable. As it
doesn't contain any interfaces stable/unstable doesn't make really
sense. I chose "unstable" because of some problems (images and some
number formatting issues) with the JXPath view.

I also updated gump.xml - maybe somebody with more Gump
knowledge could review my changes.
TIA

Cheers,
Reinhard