Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jong Wook Kim <il...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/26 16:47:13 UTC

make-distribution.sh fails because tachyon-project was renamed to Alluxio

Hi,

Spark's packaging script downloads tachyon from tachyon-project.org
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/make-distribution.sh#L38>
which is now redirected to alluxio.org.

I guess the url should be changed to
http://alluxio.org/downloads/files/0.8.2/ is it right?

Jong Wook

Re: make-distribution.sh fails because tachyon-project was renamed to Alluxio

Posted by Jiří Šimša <ji...@alluxio.com>.
Hi Jong, the download links should be fixed now.

Best,

Posted by Jiří Šimša <ji...@alluxio.com>.
Hi Jong,

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Yes, though more broadly, should this just be removed for 2.x? I had
this sense Tachyon was going away, or at least being put into a corner
of the project. There's probalby at least no need for special builds
for it.