Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Andrew La Motte-Mitchell <dr...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/13 19:15:45 UTC

Accessing log4cxx through cvs

Hi,

I'm having trouble checking out the head from cvs.  I'm following the
directions posted at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/contributing.html,
specifically:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

but this command returns the following error:

connect to cvs.apache.org(140.211.11.3):2401 failed: Connection refused

I am also unable to browse the source via the cvs web interface.  Does
anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

ps - I'm currently viewing the code via apache's svn repository
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4cxx/trunk/src/) but I assume
this is from the last release?

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01

RE: Accessing log4cxx through cvs

Posted by Stephen Bartnikowski <sb...@barkinglizards.com>.
Uh, it looks like their documentation needs to be updated.

Try the instructions on this page:

http://logging.apache.org/site/cvs-repositories.html

I'm pretty sure that the svn tree is being used for current development.

- Steve

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Jul 13, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Andrew La Motte-Mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble checking out the head from cvs.  I'm following
> the directions posted at http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/
> contributing.html, specifically:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> password: anoncvs
>
> but this command returns the following error:
>
> connect to cvs.apache.org(140.211.11.3):2401 failed: Connection
> refused
>

> I am also unable to browse the source via the cvs web interface.
> Does anyone know why this is happening?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Andrew
>

> ps - I'm currently viewing the code via apache's svn repository
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4cxx/trunk/src/) but I
> assume this is from the last release?

Sorry about the stale page.  All of the log4cxx web content needs
updating, please follow the instructions at http://logging.apache.org/
repositories,html.  Apache has completely migrated from CVS to SVN.
There has not been a formal release of log4cxx since it has move to
the AS (hopefully soon),  log4cxx/trunk/src is the development head.