Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by fr...@virgilio.it on 2001/06/16 12:05:52 UTC

warp error

Hi,
finally C2 works on my Linux box with TC4beta5!
I've used Xvfb (X virtual frame buffer) to avoid
"Internal Server Error".

On port 8080 all works fine, but I would use
Apache instead TC as webserver.

http://localhost:80/cocoon/ returns this error
message:

"mod_webapp (warp) error
Cannot switch to passive mode"

What does it mean?
In httpd.conf I've added these raws:
---
WebAppConnection infoConnection info
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppMount examples warpConnection /examples/
WebAppMount cocoon warpConnection /cocoon/
---
Are them right?
Where is the problem?

Thank you in advance for every suggest!

Hi, ciao
Francesco

Francesco Casalena
L.U.G. "Il Pinguino"
Virgilio Mail - Il tuo indirizzo E-mail gratis
http://mail.virgilio.it

Re: warp error [OT]

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Sergio Carvalho wrote:

Yes, definitively OT.

> What are the advantages of using mod_webapp instead of mod_proxy? I've had so much trouble with mod_webapp that I regularly use mod_proxy instead.

I'm not sure if mod_webapp supports this already but using specific
adapters like mod_jk (instead of mod_proxy) can help in load balancing
and fail save installations if you have more that one TC running.

Giacomo

Re: warp error [OT]

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.

Re: warp error

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 francesco.casalena@virgilio.it wrote:

Well this question is better suited on the tomcat-connector ML.

Giacomo